The Great DUN Perak fiasco
Perak Speaker Sivakumar Dragged Out by Police and Special Branch-May 7, 2009
Kebiadaban & Keganasan PR di DUN Perak 2
The Perak State Assembly sitting on May 7, 2009 saw unprecedented ruckus by representatives over the control of the state legislature. Even though the ruckus is predictable, a lot of us after watching online video on youtube, still flabbergast by the erupted ruckus, where the legitimate speaker is forceibly removed from the august house. The whole drama smack of utter contempt for the state legislature, disrepect to rule of law and the Perak state constitution.
It is imperative that a royal commission be set up to investigate into the ruckus at the Perak State Assembly sitting with the aim to restore respect to the august house. The royal commission need to investigate the following matters:
1) To establish who has the final authority in the state assembly.
2) To establish whether the deputy speaker, Hee Yit Foong has the right to usurp the authority of a sitting speaker.
3) To establish the legitimacy of the newly appointed speaker, Datuk R Ganesan, who is not a member of the state legislature.
4) To establish the scope of authority of the state secretary.
5) To establish the role of the state secretary and sergeant-at-arms in the play out ruckus.
6) To establish the identity of mysterious officers in the play out ruckus.
7) To establish whether the police and the mysterious officers have the authority to enter the august house.
8) To establish whether the police and the mysterious officers have the authority to intervene the State Assembly sitting.
9) To establish whether the police and the mysterious officers have the authority to forcibly remove the speaker from the august house.
10) To mete out punishment to those committed contempt of the State Assembly sitting.